We understand the meaning of a good text differently because we can be divided into clients and writers of these very articles. The first category of people wants to get high-quality content that will solve strategic targets of their company. The second one strives to compose a maximum amount of words in an hour to earn enough money and not to overwork. As a result, we have a kind of an obvious conflict. To reach an accord, one can’t do without clear recommendations and instructions to a text, which is something like a deal between a customer and executor.
When are Specification Requirements Vital?
Of course, you should better order texts from reliable services, with which you have been working for a long time. There are some situations when you have to work outright with executors from some online marketplaces. Specification Requirements are especially crucial in case you have a big order, which will be executed by several authors, and you are going to place all resulting texts at one site. The similarity of style, formatting, and phraseology should be evident to your clients, so you have to try unifying the ready-to-post articles of hired writers.
Furthermore, there is a category of authors who don’t cope with a good and clear specification requirements because they will have to follow all your recommendations and requirements and think about the content of an article properly instead of typing another runaround. In this case, a high-quality list of requirements will let you exclude those who are not ready to do his or her best when composing a text.
In a nutshell, specification requirements are a necessary document allowing to predict a result of your cooperation with an executor. It is not so difficult to enumerate all requirements.
No matter what text you order, there should be basic requirements in your specification requirements, both formal and substantial to it. These are most important aspects thereof (while some may be omitted depending on your concrete situation):
- The name of a text. A rule of thumb states that you should better think up headings for articles by yourself. First, it allows bringing a text to a common style. Second, it will release you from the need to compare headings of several authors to avoid repetition when working with more than one writer.
- The aim of an article. If an author understands why he or she writes this article easily, it is very beneficial. Denote where this content will be published and what a visitor should learn from it. For example, a text may describe several variants of interior space zoning; then a client will be offered free consultation on design.
- The audience. If you can describe the targeted audience that will read the article, include this information in specification requirements. It will give the right direction to a writer, and he or she will choose an appropriate manner of composing your text. For example, if you have a school of business for women, denote that the article is targeted at women aged 23 to 35 years old with sufficiency certain level of education and a specific status.
- Information about a company. It is likely that your company will be mentioned in one or another way in an article. Indicate not only the name of a firm but also what its benefits and spheres of operation are. For instance, the company named “pencil” is an online shop specializing in providing offices with necessary stationery and office materials on a turnkey basis. In this case, a writer will include this information in an article. If you mention only the name of a firm in your specification requirements, a writer may not make any effort and spend his or her time learning some information about your company.
- Stylistic requirements. Explain what text you expect to see in your specification requirements (its style, phraseology, and the use of terms). Besides, denote from what person the material should be written (in first person or from a company’s name), and also add how to address readers (on first-name terms or more formally).
- Formatting requirements. Even if it seems obvious, highlight that a text should be divided into paragraphs. Here you can also ask to use subheadings H2, H3, and so on, and also point out the need to use bulleted and numbered lists, quotations, and images.
- The quality of content depends on your requirements list. It can be done either plainly or in a more detailed fashion. For example, you may describe the content of an article fully and stipulate headings and subheadings. Also, you can mention what question this article should answer and what a visitor should learn from it.
- Examples of articles. If you have already good texts and you want to order similar works, put several links to these samples in your specification requirements. Furthermore, you can give a text from the site of a competitor as an example, but highlight that it shouldn’t be a rewrite.
- SEO parameters. Put necessary keywords that should be written in a text and the frequency of their use.
- Links and anchors. Ask a writer to include links to your pages and give them necessary anchors for this.
- Word count. It is better to denote an average amount of words so that author could create a coherent text.
- Uniqueness of a text. Point out the minimal uniqueness percentage satisfying you, and don’t forget to mention what source to use to estimate it.
- Additional criteria of proofreading. Besides uniqueness, some services can evaluate the level of spam, text’s common sense, and many other indicators. Tell an executor what results you want to see after checking a text with these tools.
Peculiarities of Working with Texts of Varying Quality
You can order various types of texts online to be used in different situations. You should better order unique and high-quality texts for your official page. In a corporate blog, it will be enough to publish articles of SEO value. The rewrite is appropriate if you only need to fill the page, with no special value expected from the content.
Specification requirements for every type of articles are similar somehow. Pay attention to the following parameters for different kinds of text. First, if you want a unique article, highlight the value of content, recommendations to style, and other additional requirements. In case of rewriting, indicate the original article and give requirements to the quality of a resulting text (perfunctory or deep rewrite).
Fully written specification requirements may make up a lengthy document. Still, you will change only several aspects for every new article, while others will stay the same. So, you won’t spend much time to create precise specification requirements, and an author will be able to complete a task properly.