When you have a blog and write posts regularly, sooner or later you run out of interesting topics. Both professionals and novice authors face this problem. We’ve collected our vast experience in the field and turned it into a handy set of guidelines below.
Ways to search for new ideas that work
1. Services for collecting keywords
Using them, you can:
- create a semantic core: a list of key phrases that the target audience would enter into as a search request;
- find burning-hot topics for blog articles;
- make a content plan.
Which services to choose? Perhaps the most known one is the Google Keywords Planner. It shows the most frequent requests and helps to find those you haven’t covered yet.
2. FAQ sections on thematic websites
Find several popular resources on your topic and carefully study the corresponding section. It is likely that the discoveries will surprise and inspire you.
Twitter is not only a tool for communication but also an excellent service for finding really emotional subjects.
The algorithm is simple:
- write a keyword into the particular field;
- start searching.
There is a lot of fluff on Twitter, but if you approach the search open-mindedly and tediously, you can mine some precious gems.
4. Forums on your subject
Each forum has a community regularly discussing many gripping topics. You can borrow some!
How to do that:
- find thematic forums;
- surf the sections and point out the most relevant ones.
Webinars are booming now; you can find videos from experts on any business topic. They are also a great source of inspiration for bloggers.
How does it work?
- find a webinar on a topic of interest,
- watch and listen to the video,
- write down questions from the audience,
- use them as topics for future articles.
Finding blog ideas is sometimes even more exciting than creating the content. Make sure that you have written down everything, as it is easy to forget or miss valuable ideas on the way.
Wish to know more advanced blogger shticks?